Blog Archive

Sunday, February 9, 2020

SUPERMOON IN THE CARIBBEAN

        
My calendar is marked for tonight. There is supposed to be a SUPERMOON. I don’t and can’t know for sure, but I imagine it will be unbelievable seen from the ship in the Caribbean. I had to look it up and the definition said:

        A supermoon is a full moon or a new moon that nearly coincides with perigee--the closest that the moon comes to the earth in its elliptic orbit--resulting in a slightly larger-than-usual apparent size of the lunar disk as viewed from earth. 

        Something else I'm hoping to see which I've never seen, or at least haven't seen in a very long time, and that's the Milky Way Galaxy up in the heavens...like where would it be...really, sometimes I amaze myself. (That's sarcasm directed at moi in case you didn't get it.)

        Of course, since it's only the second day of my cruise, I won't be able to tell you all about it because I won't have internet access or a way to type a new post. You'll just have to wait until I return to read my exclamatory comments.

        Meanwhile, feel free to imagine me at the bow of the ship, a la Rose in Titanic, looking heavenward toward the moon and the stars. Of course, depending on where my stateroom is, you could also imagine me on  my verandah looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment